Topics

2144 and 130x130 hoop question

Edith Thornburg

I have two 2170s and a 2144. I have been using the 2144 recently because it is in the most convenient place :)
Anyway, I went to use my 130x130 hoop on it and it didn't recognize it. Is there something I need to do, or do I need to bring it to a local dealer for hardware upgrade? Do they even provide that support anymore? I am somewhat computer savvy, so am not afraid to tackle it myself.
TIA!
Edith

Edith Thornburg

I should have mentioned that it DOES work on the 2170. Thanks!
Edith

sac10035

Check and make sure the magnets are still in the frame, it will be on the backside. They are usually tiny square.

Joyce

Check to make certain the embroidery unit is connected to the machine..if there is a gap between the arm if the machine and the embroidery unit, the hoop will not be recognized..it happened to me and fortunately I spotted it without having to take my machine for a checkup!

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 2:21 PM, sac10035
<sac10035@...> wrote:
Check and make sure the magnets are still in the frame, it will be on the backside. They are usually tiny square.

Edith Thornburg

Thanks all for the responses! I think it is more of a machine upgrade that needs to be done, upgrading it from 2144 to 2170. The hoop works on the 2170 I have and other hoops work on the 2144.
I was wondering if there is something I can do, or if I need to have a local shop do it for me?
Edith