From: Pfaff2170machine@... [mailto:Pfaff2170machine@...]
Sent: Monday, 20 November 2017 7:10 AM
To: Yahoo! Inc.
Subject: [Pfaff2170machine] Pfaff 2144 embroidery unit /hoop communication

Suddenly my embroidery unit sends a message that the sensor 4 or 5 not found when the proper hoop is attached. It worked just fine until yesterday. Is this a problem with the machine or the embroidery unit? I have orders to fill and now unable to embroider.

Joyce

The magnet is still on the hoops as that is the first thing I checked. I still have my 7570 and an older laptop with the software on it so if I can get the right adapter for the cable to the machine there is still hope to finish my project without waiting for parts or service for the 2144. I need a 9 pin male to female adapter which I hope to buy locally.
If it's a motherboard issue it may be cost prohibitive to repair.

On Nov 19, 2017, at 7:35 PM, 'Armida bigpond net' amonteit@... [Pfaff2170machine] <Pfaff2170machine@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

Check to see that you have not lost the little magnet sensor at the back of your hoop.

Good luck!

Armida

Suddenly my embroidery unit sends a message that the sensor 4 or 5 not found when the proper hoop is attached. It worked just fine until yesterday. Is this a problem with the machine or the embroidery unit? I have orders to fill and now unable to embroider.

Armida bigpond net <amonteit@...>

Hello Joyce,

I hope you got it working. I know what it is like to have disaster strike just when you need it least. Happened to me with my Janome MB4 – and it took 5 months to get it fixed!!!

Good luck!

Armida

Suddenly my embroidery unit sends a message that the sensor 4 or 5 not found when the proper hoop is attached. It worked just fine until yesterday. Is this a problem with the machine or the embroidery unit? I have orders to fill and now unable to embroider.

Joyce

Thanks..I bought the connector so I can use the 7570 for embroidery until I find out what needs to happen with the 2144 but haven't had time to test it out today. Will let you know.Joyce

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 5:15 PM, 'Armida bigpond net' amonteit@... [Pfaff2170machine]
wrote:

Hello Joyce,

I hope you got it working. I know what it is like to have disaster strike just when you need it least. Happened to me with my Janome MB4 – and it took 5 months to get it fixed!!!

Good luck!

Armida

Suddenly my embroidery unit sends a message that the sensor 4 or 5 not found when the proper hoop is attached. It worked just fine until yesterday. Is this a problem with the machine or the embroidery unit? I have orders to fill and now unable to embroider.

Pfaff Pfantom

Joyce, did you ever figure this issue out? I'm trying to help someone with this problem and I'm wondering if it's the machine or the embroidery unit.